Social media is now an essential component of doing business. It’s important for marketers to keep up with the ever-changing social media landscape so they can align their strategies and achieve the results they’re looking for. Here’s a list (in alphabetical order) of some great social media blogs to read in 2012. They all have unique voices that cover a wide range of social-media-related topics, news, and trends. From tips to tactics to measurement, there’s something for everybody.
1. The Brand Builder (Olivier Blanchard): For businesses looking to dive deep into social media discussion, check out Olivier’s rich insights. He blogs about building strong brands through passion, innovation, creativity, and common sense.
2. Brass Tack Thinking (Amber Naslund): Amber was the VP of Social Strategy for Radian6, a social media monitoring and engagement platform. She blogs about social media strategies for business, and offers insights into what works and what doesn’t.
3. Conversation Agent (Valeria Maltoni): Valeria is a fresh voice in strategy with 20 years of real-world business experience, 10 of which have been spent online. Her articles are about connecting ideas and people, and how talk can change our lives.
4. Convince and Convert (Jay Baer): Jay writes about social media strategy and works with companies to build integrated, measurable social and content programs.
5. CopyBlogger (Brian Clark): Ranked as a top marketing blog, Brian and his team help businesses persuade in a 2.0 world. Their posts provide advice and solutions that empower people to successfully grow their businesses through social media and online marketing.
6. DaveFleet.com: Dave provides unique perspectives from the realm of communications and public relations. He writes about communications, PR, marketing, and social media, and the areas where those topics intersect. He’s well known for his comprehensive ebook on developing corporate social media policies.
7. Diva Marketing Blog (Toby Bloomberg): Toby’s blog provides a wide array of social media advice. She shares the cool things she stumbles across that can make life easier and more fun for marketers.
8. The Future Buzz (Adam Singer): In this blog about web marketing and PR strategies, Adam writes about spreading buzz in the social web and building long-term visibility for brands in today’s fragmented media society. Bloggers, marketers, freelance writers, entrepreneurs, artists, small business owners, and public relations professionals will all benefit from the content here.
9. Ignite Social Media blog: “The original social media agency”, Ignite Social Media’s blog offers advice about social media strategy and implementation, SEO, blog content creation, channel/sentiment monitoring, social identity management, and other useful topics for brands.
10. Jason Keath: Jason’s focus is on researching how marketers succeed. As the founder and CEO of Social Fresh, a social media education company, he curates some of the smartest voices in online marketing, online and offline.
11. JeffBullas.com: Jeff writes about social media and marketing topics. His expertise helps business and personal brands with digital social media marketing, including how to use blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and SEO to improve reach and engagement.
12. Kikolani (Kristi Hines): Looking for great “getting started” social media guidance? Kikolani covers blog marketing and blogging tips for personal, professional, and business bloggers, helping them succeed in search marketing and social media.
13. Lipsticking (Yvonne DiVita): Yvonne heads up a very talented group of women bloggers. They bring a powerful female voice to the marketing world, assisting many brands, agencies, and non-profits in their marketing-to-women strategies.
14. MackCollier.com: Mack is a social media strategist, trainer, and speaker who specializes in helping companies better connect with their customers via social media. He blogs about social media marketing and customer-engagement topics.
15. Methodical Madness: Written by members of The Duffy Agency, this blog looks at the perpetually changing world of social media and marketing as they relate to building brands internationally.
16. Outspoken Media: Outspoken Media is a boutique SEO consulting company that specializes in fitting clients with customized integrated marketing strategies to amplify their voice on the Web. The firm’s blog offers great advice about marketing via Web 2.0.
17. The Relationship Economy (Jay Deragon): Jay offer a look at social media through the perspective of social technology disrupting business. He is a great resource for effective approaches to social media strategies.
18. Social Caffeine (Lori Taylor): Lori is a social media consultant who designs direct response marketing campaigns with a social media focus that improve her clients’ ROI. Her easy-to-read articles offer many ideas for marketers who are looking to drive branding and sales.
19. The Social Media Marketing Blog (Scott Monty): Scott is the head of social media for Ford Motor Company. This is his personal blog, where he shares his perspectives on social media — the convergence of marketing, advertising, and PR on the Web — for marketers, agencies, enterprises, and individuals.
20. SocialMouths (Francisco Rosales): Francisco works with entrepreneurs and small companies to reach their full potential online. He designs blogs (including this one), manages social media strategies, and coaches/consults with many SMBs. His writing offers a wealth of information about how to use social media for marketing and engagement.
Are you reading any of these blogs? Do you have suggestions of your own about good social media blogs? Leave a comment and let me know!